- The topic of the podcast is how storytelling can effect branding of a brand, how it can change the brand’s image and appeal for the consumers.
- Branding relates to marketing because it is based on the consumer image of the company, and what the consumer thinks or feels about the brand.
- Key points made in the podcast are that consumer storytelling can set a positive or negative reputation for a brand. Also true brand equity comes from storytelling from the customers. Chris says to create communications that trigger memories that a shopper already has about the brand and also that allows them to create new memories.
- Chris uses the example of NYDJ which is a brand of jeans, he read about how great there jeans were so he did his research on them and then went to the store to try on a pair and he liked them enough that he spent $100 on the jeans.
- What I learned from the podcast was that what happens outside a store has a lot to do with how a store or brand does. The reputation customers set for a brand matter a lot more then i thought. The experiences customers have with a brand is what makes the brand more successful or not. Story telling is a big part of brand equity and it always will be because customers will always talk about there experience with a brand.